Monday 23 February 2009

Hotpot Politics

A few years ago, Edmond Leung and Miriam Yeung did a mini Pop-opera called 'Leave'. Another version of it has surfaced. I believe Jan Lamb and Miriam Yeung did this version @ a concert but not entirely which inspired which.

That aside I am now sharing a very socially apt satire about the 'Hotpot Politics', just as there would be 'Dim Sum Politics'. If you are Chinese, you will understand the set of rules and manouvers that happens at meal times, there is definitely a hierachy. Apologies to anyone who don't speak the language, don't know who the fore-mentioned personalities are or the original song, and if I were to explain to you the rules of 'Hotpot' I'd have to do it with a real time demonstration. But this is a brilliant piece of social commentary:



From an artistic point of view, the characteristaions of the pandas were so detailed, it is something I admire in any performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment