Saturday 20 June 2009

Dialogue & Rebuttal

I have been cast in a very challenging role as 'Woman' in Gao Xianjing's 'Dialogue & Rebuttal'. There are a lot of things going on in my head as I prepare for this character, I am having to go to some very dark places. Sexual politics, sex is just the half of it, it is ultimately about the destructive and redemptive powers of love. Yes L-O-V-E.... to what lengths will we try and define it. We go through lives trying to find the answers and the most passionate way is to be intimate, but once that's gone, how do we come back out again? Do we always come back to where we started from anyway?

Winter makes teapot makes winter makes teapot..... a crack....

One of my old acting teachers Chris Leaver (what a legend!) used to say 'Death or Orgasm', that's all life is all about, the stakes are that high. This play really is all about 'Death or Orgasm'

Greenwich Theatre, 21st-25th June, 7:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment